Welcome To The Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse
Thank you for your interest in the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse. During the summer of 2014, Phase One of our tower restoration was concluded. The lantern room was removed from the tower so that brickwork at the top of the tower could be completed. While the lantern room was on the ground, we took the opportunity to restore it as well. Due to the generosity of a private donor, a replica lens was purchased and placed in the tower. The lens was dedicated to John Ochs and Benjamin O’Brien, two founding members of the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Historical Society.
Lighthouse will open for the Season on Friday, April 5, 2019.
Special Tours during the off season can be scheduled by calling the Lighthouse at 585.621.6179 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CHARLOTTE-GENESEE LIGHTHOUSE HISTORICAL SOCIETY
2019 CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
Information As of March 21, 2019
JOIN US AT ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING COMMUNITY EVENTS!
March 31, 2019 Sunday, 2:00 pm: Annual Membership Meeting at the Lighthouse.
April 5, 2019, Friday, 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Lighthouse Open for the Season
April 26, 2019, Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm: Excellus work day at Lighthouse
June 17, 2019, Monday, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Lighthouse will be hosting a Display Table at the Greece Historical Society Festival
June 30, 2019, Sunday, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Irondequoit & Greece Concert Bands outside on the lawn north of Holy Cross Church
HELP US KEEP THE FACILITIES AND ORGANIZATION RUNNING. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING PLEASE CONTACT US AT OUR EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com :
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, TRAINING PROVIDED WHERE NEEDED:
- Guides to give tours of our Museum & Tower
- Cashier willing to learn operation of cash register & credit card machine
- Help plan & maintain the grounds
- Gardeners needed on a regular basis
- Maintenance in the Keeper’s House, tower & other structures on the property
- Short jobs requiring plumbing & electrical experience
- Wireless Phone System 5 phones preferred
- Keurig Coffee Maker with compartment for storage of K-cups
- Pop-up tents, 10 x 10 feet or larger
- Storage Boxes, acid-free, for archival materials (assorted sizes)
- Saber saw & blades, electric cord preferred
- Reciprocating saw/blades, electric cord preferred
- Palm sander, electric cord preferred
- Heat gun, electric for removal of paint
- Printer: color laser printer, two sided printing
- Skill Saw, 7 1/2″ round blade
- Refrigerator with freezer, small size
Donate to The Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Historical Society
Become a member of the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Historical Society and help preserve and interpret America’s oldest surviving lighthouse on Lake Ontario for thousands of visitors who come to explore our site each year.
Donate now and help us carry forward the mission of the Lighthouse Society